For those of you who may not know, Pants and I are proud alumnae of Boston University, Class of We’ll-Never-Tell-For-Fear-Of-Revealing-Our-True-Ages. BU is a college hockey powerhouse and consistently produces NHL players.
Right now there are a plethora of former Terriers representing in the big show – Nick Bonino, Alex Chiasson, Kevin Shattenkirk, Colin Wilson, and this week’s Foxy Friday honoree, Charlie Coyle.
The 21-year-old, 6’3″, 221 lbs forward is in his first full season with the Minnesota Wild. The former first-round draft pick (28th overall in the 2010 Entry Draft) has only 10 points on the season and while he isn’t exactly tearin’ it up (yet), we had to give him the honor for this one simple and utterly adorable gesture.
Charlie Coyle is Santa. Santa Coyle. Bringing joy to all the little boys and girls. And this blog. His mom would be so proud.
Since Santa Coyle is in such a giving spirit, let’s see what else he has got for us in his bag of gifts.
- Excellent taste in Halloween costumes. Trading in the red suit for a flight suit is cool with us.
- Yoga. Triangle pose never looked so good.
- A little bit of that Tyler Seguin swagger we’ve been missing so much.
- Some very impressive goal scoring, like the one below and this beauty from Tuesday night.
- Wicked good bubble hockey skills. (On a North Stars vs Wild version, no less. #irony)
- The Zach Parise Seal of Approval. If Zach likes you, then that means Moms like you. Ergo, we like you.
- A name perfect for quoting one of our favorite movie lines.
What to learn all there is to know about Charlie? Watch this. It’s 23-minute, but worth watching for a glimpse into the life of a hockey stud. Including more work outs and a family bbq.
Other Santa Coyle fact – his cousin is Tony Amonte. Yes, THAT Tony Amonte.
You can follow Charlie on the twitter at @CharlieCoyle_3Tags: Boston University, Charlie Coyle, minnesota wild, Tony Amonte