Today I turned to the Twitterverse for my Foxy Friday inspiration.
Our lovely followers came up with some fantastic choices, but there was one who stood out amongst the rest…
Joffrey Douglas Sheldon Lupul
We just don’t hand these out willy-nilly, you know, so why is Joffrey so deserving of the Foxy Friday honor?
- He’s 6’1″, 206lbs.
- 28 years old, born in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta.
- He is TEARIN IT UP for the Leafs this season. 13 goals, 19 assists. 32 points, which puts him as #4 in the league. Certainly doesn’t hurt that
CartmanPhil Kessel is on your line.
- Drafted 7th overall in the 2002 Entry Draft. You know who was the #1 pick that year? The one and only Rick Nash.
- First player to score a playoff hat-trick in Anaheim franchise history.
- First player to score four playoff goals in one game, including an overtime winner.
- First player to score all four of his team’s goals in a playoff game.
- He has managed to come back from some serious and scary injuries, a spinal cord contusion and an a blood infection after back surgery that would keep him out almost a year.
- He spells his name all weird. And we dig it.
- He enjoys playing the guitar. We’d gladly allow him to serenade us. Pants likes the love songs of the Barenaked Ladies. I love me the song stylings of Hall & Oates.
- He is on the twitter – @jlupul. And you all know how we feel about hockey players on twitter – tweet GOLD .
Foxy Friday Bonus
Check out Joffrey’s crib when he was playing with the Flyers.
He loves guacamole.
So do we.Tags: Foxy Friday, Joffrey Lupul, Toronto Maple Leafs