It’s 8.7 and that can mean only one thing…
Happy birthday, Sidney Crosby!
Those of us who love Crosby know there are many, many moments of this:
And more than a few of this:
When Sid is on the ice. But if he wanted us to base our opinions only on this:
He shouldn’t have been born on this:
Love him or hate him… wait, forget that. Love him. It’s his birthday. It’s summer. For heaven’s sake he looks like this:
Over the life of WUYS, if I haven’t made you love Crosby, well then I’ll just keep on trying. Allow me to present, in celebration of 26 years…
Unofficial Top 10 (Off-Ice): Sidney Crosby
10. I could never look him in the eye and say “stick” without promptly turning to flee in a giggly panic.
9. He’s good with kids, by matching them in awkwardness:
8. Scratch that, he is the King of Awkward.
7. He is on the (very) short list of guys allowed to wear a gold chain.
6. Do you color code your closet, then organize shirts by descending length of sleeve with a cross-reference for last time you wore that item to a hockey game your team won? Your crazy doesn’t even register here.
5. This, if there were an HBO version.
4. Every time Sid doesn’t say what you know he wants to say. Like when a CBC reporter asked him if he’d thought about never playing in the NHL again.
3. Then he played in the NHL again. (Okay, ONE on the ice moment!)
2. Those hockey games that leave everyone:
1. And every single time this happens.
26 years old. Eight years in the NHL, 238 goals, 427 assists. One Art Ross Trophy, one Hart Trophy, one Rocket Richard Trophy. One Stanley Cup. One Olympic Gold. What do you think, Sid? Another good year ahead?
So say we all. Happy birthday, Sid.Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby