Foxiness can come in many ways, shapes, and forms.
Sometimes it can come in the way of physical beauty. Other times from athletic prowess. Still other times from humanistic endeavors like building houses for the poor.
In the case of Dustin Penner, it comes in two ways.
The Facial Hair and The Funny.When combined, this two forces have amazing foxy force, thus this week’s honor for the hero of Game 5.
There are few who can doubt that Penner’s “Man of the Mountain” facial hair is a thing of wonder. Clearly it is one of the best things about the Kings’ unexpected journey from #8 seed to the Stanley Cup Finals. (Besides the stellar goaltending of Jonathan Quick)
I’m legit obsessed with it. Its fullness and ebony hue are exquisite. It just looks SO RIGHT AND PERFECT.Then add to that his dry and witty sense of humor, and well, I’m in love.
Other reasons why I’ve seen fit to bestow this great honor –
- He shares a birthday with my mom. Momma Chuck would approve.
- He’s 6’4″, 245 lbs – a whole lotta lumberjack for us to love.
- He LOVES the LA Kings twitter. So do we, Dustin.
- He’s funny, just like his mom and grandpa. Now this is a family BBQ what we’d love to go to. DP and I would crush the competition in the three-legged race
- He injures himself eating a stack of delicious pancakes…then buts that self-deprecating humor to good use by hosting a charity breakfast at a local IHOP.
- He leads the Kings in penalty minutes (26) and has 10 points (3 G, 7 A) in 14 playoff games this season.
- He scored the OT winner in Game 5 vs. the Coyotes to send the Kings to their 1st Stanley Cup Finals since 1993. Like a boss.
- He’s rocking the hillbilly smile and he don’t care who knows it.
- He’s on the twitter (@Dustinpenner25) and tweets gems like this.
Tags: dustin penner, Foxy Friday, Los Angeles Kings, playoff beards