We’re finally through. Yesterday’s NHL All-Star Game capped a great weekend for hockey and it might take us a while to recover. Team Chuck (Lidstrom) won 11-10. That’s 5 more goals than the average ASG, and it felt like it. Our fave moments:
– Cam Ward was mic’d up and stole the show in the 1st period.
– Lots of guys had a 2-goal game: Danny Briere , Anze Kopitar, Eric Staal, Kris Letang, Loui Eriksson
– Recent Foxy Friday had 4 assists : Shea Weber
– WUYS faves had 2 assists: Corey Perry, Henrik Sedin, Jonathan Toews, Loui Eriksson, Mike Green, Patrick Sharp, Zdeno Chara.
– Jonathan Toews also showed us his spin cycle:
– Jeff Skinner didn’t score, but even Team Lidstrom seemed to be passing him the puck.
– Carey Price was kind of awesome in net. Barf.
– Ovi threw his stick at Matt Duchene on a breakaway, laughed hysterically, then was charged with the first penalty shot in ASG history.
– Patrick Sharp was named MVP (and Foxy Friday) and won a car. Just like Phil Kessel. First or last, Honda is your ride.
Carolina tore it up this weekend – excellent job, everyone. Good thing it’s another year before it happens again. Right, Cam? RIGHT?!Tags: all-star game