My girl Kimmy has coined the perfect phrase to describe Mike Green, Sid and half the rest of the Pens and Caps on HBO’s 24/7 Episode 2:
ADORKABLE. It’s absolute perfection.
– Sid talks about fighting Niskanen. “Do you want to take your helmet off?” Oh, and he’s laying on a bed. For heaven’s sake!
– Mike. Vespa. Helmet. Moccasins. LOVE. I don’t know why. (Dear Santa: Please bless whoever at Yahoo!’s Puck Daddy screencapped this.)
– Sidney Crosby’s 5 PM PB&J.
– When Ovi gets a wife, obviously he’ll live with her. Till then, it’s mom, dad & dog waiting up for him. [link]
– Craig Adams’ son naming the Pens players… makes me wanna babysit. (Excellent catch by commenter Mrs Crosby, I was so busy giggling over Mike’s Vespa I credited this to Matt Cooke.)
– Caps fist pump dance – Brooks Laich is so hot he can almost pull it off. I bet Greener refuses to do it. Too busy being cool in his moccasins. [link]
– JORDAN STAAL WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?
– Ovi cannot be bothered to get dressed. No just shirts, but pants. He was 99% naked multiple times – I’m surprised someone other than Dawn would put their hand so high on his hamstring.
– In a related story, Ovi totally flashes Mike. Intentional. Mike doesn’t laugh, so Dawn may be on to something after all.
Tonight it’s Penguins vs. Capitals in DC at 7 PM Eastern. You’ll hear me and Dawn screaming at each other from SF to Seattle. I cannot wait to see what HBO gets from this one.Tags: Alexander Ovechkin, brooks laich, jordan staal, mike green, Pittsburgh Penguins, sidney, washington capitals, Winter Classic