Battle of the Blog: Game Two
The Penguins had a game last night. Sort of.
I won’t talk about what went wrong because:
- a) I would be here all day. (The defense!)
- b) Everyone has already said it. (The passing!)
- c) I refuse to put more bad mojo into the universe about the Penguins right now. (The horror!)
Get up. Now.
I won’t talk about what went right for the Bruins either (everything, not that they need it) – that is Chuck’s fun to be had.
My only highlight was Mr. Pants’ nomination for Husband of the Year. If your significant other isn’t a big hockey fan, this is the most you can hope for in life:
- He took me to the bar before the game.
- He came home after the Bruins’ first goal and launched into an hour-long comedy routine, complete with “Yo Mama” jokes. There was even an intermission dance routine reminiscent of Napoleon Dynamite.
- When the game got out of reach in the 2nd, he sat down at the computer, put on his headphones and didn’t make a sound for two solid hours.
I will remain positive in this series. It’s not easy, but someone has to do it. We have faltered before, and battled back, and everyone remembers what happens when we don’t. I trust in this team even when they don’t seem to trust themselves or each other. I will channel my anger and frustration into the biggest effing rainbow you’ve ever seen if it’ll shine over the Pens practice and make something go right.
PS: Is there some atomic-level connection between the Blackhawks and the Penguins? The Hawks kill it in R1, Pens struggle. Pens are strong in R2, Hawks flail. Now the Hawks are up 2-0 while the Pens are down by the same….Tags: Boston Bruins, Pittsburgh Penguins